Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Richa's home

When Richa Kapoor shared her home's pictures with me, I felt as if Mr. Blog has jumped off the blogger platform to live in a real home in California! Richa's home is like my blog's design dream come true. I absolutely love the eclectic combination of materials, forms, textures and colors from different parts of the world in her home. This home exudes a distinctive personality, and such warmth that I am in a good mind to join the crafty Mr. Blog for a personal visit to Richa's home :)


And this what Richa has to say about her design style and home:
I am an educator by profession but an artist in my fantasy life! My decor style (if i can claim any) is unrestrained ethnic! I say so 'cause I can rarely pass up an opportunity to acquire naive and folk art pieces - a roughly-hewn wooden bowl from West Africa or a fantastic-looking Oaxacan dragon find pride of place in my home. Though I  make these objets d' art work hard and rarely have pieces that are purely decorative. Lately I have become fond of postmodern pieces like kitschy, over-the-top platters and Andy Warhol pop art posters. Mostly, in putting together the home I share with my husband and our two daughters, I can say that I have tried to have fun!


Richa, thank you for sharing your gorgeous home with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment