Wednesday, February 11, 2009

RUSTIC BEDROOM DECOR - RUSTIC BEDS and BEDROOM FURNITURE

Rustic Beds Cedar Log Beds


GO HERE FOR MORE




I’m running behind in decorating a friend’s log cabin. She requested unique, rustic bedroom decor to be specific so I felt that I needed something stunning on my design board when I made my presentation. This is not my usual project where the owner picks a theme and we proceed to decorate the bedroom using the existing furniture.

In this project, I am being given the privilege to buy all new rustic bedroom furniture
as well as the bedding and decorations. I was so excited at the prospect that I underestimated the challenges of rustic bedroom design that will blend seamlessly with the adjoining rooms in the
log cabin
. Maybe I never appreciated the fact that the bones were in place when I remodel a room rather than design it from scratch. I vowed early on in my struggles to complete this project to never take those whispers of clues on appropriate colors and style given to me from the existing furnishings for granted ever again.

Then I hit pay dirt. Call it the mother lode of rustic bedroom decor if you will. After cruising through magazines with pictures upon pictures of rustic bedroom designs filled with the same old knotty pine log bedroom furniture I happened on the most fantastic cedar beds. These are not those mass produced red cedar beds that you find in furniture stores; these were rustic bed frames with canopies of twisted limbs that seemed to have grown that way of their own accord over a wide king size mattress. A fitting foundation for the bedding set in my rustic bedroom decor.

I can only imagine that the person lucky enough to sleep in that beautiful, rustic bed would feel they were spending a peaceful night beneath a canopy of trees. I found the beautifully crafted bedroom furniture inspiring and I hope the homeowner will be equally impressed. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that she will order an entire set of rustic bedroom furniture to match and make my job easier so that I progress to the stage that I’m more comfortable with; finding the perfect decorative accessories and rustic bedding sets covered in deer, bear and moose for the cabin.

Return to Tween and Teenage Girl Bedding and Rustic Bedroom Decor and Decorating Ideas for more ideas for rustic bedroom designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment