Wednesday, February 4, 2009

PERSONALIZED NAME WALL DECOR for a KIDS ROOMS

personalized name wall decor for kids room


GO HERE FOR MORE




A personalized name is a cool option for wall decor for kids rooms no matter what their age. But when it comes to tween girls up to college age and beyond you may find that name stencils, decals or stickers are a perfect fit. You can have them customized in whatever font, size or style you need, frame them with soulful sayings and use them in lieu of expensive posters or art prints as frugal bedroom wall decorations.


Haven’t you noticed that once your child was able to write her name in script that she started to cover her belongings with her name. Chances are that if her name contained the letter "I" that it was dotted with hearts, flowers or smiley faces. And even if her name was lacking that particular letter, she managed to decorate the letters in some way. I remember decorating tops, sides and bottoms of each character so completely that even my mother had to study it closely to recognize it.

Once I left the preteen stage behind, I spent my teenage years blowing my name up into graffiti style letters. The lettering for the personalized name that I preferred looked like big, fluffy clouds or balloons that I drew on my book covers and notebooks. But I knew better than to use my art as wall decor in my room. My mother would have been really mad if I had messed up the paint!

Now there are ways of putting your child’s name on bedroom walls that won’t damage the paint. There are hanging wall letters and name decals that at most require a single tack or a sticky, removable hanger to install them wherever you need some personalized name wall decor for your kids room. You can also order custom name stencils that come with the cute hearts and flowers pre-cut and ready to paint if you want something more permanent than a sticker.

Hanging a baby's or child’s personalized name or letters on the bedroom or nursery wall is not just stylish. As funny as it sounds, I believe that it helps to build self esteem by giving them a sense of belonging. We all need our own space and when we are young maybe it makes us feel more secure to see our name on stuff that belongs to us. Surely there’s a reason that teenage girls spend so much time doodling their names on everything they own. We may as well expand the practice to include personalized names for wall decor.

Return to Tween and Teenage Girl Bedding and Bedroom Decorating Ideas for more cool tips for personalized name wall decor for kids rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment