Sunday, August 8, 2010

COOL COLORS

bedding comforter set cool colors blue white teal green turquoise


GO HERE TO SEE MORE!

It’s hot as HECK and even though autumn is just a few weeks away, cool colors are STILL on my mind. For one thing, it doesn’t feel like fall to me and my patio thermometer backs me up telling me that my feeling that we’re still smack dab in the middle of summer is right on Target. And when I’m still wearing shorts and sweating like wild, I like to surround myself with cool colors, don’t you?

CHARACTERISTICS of COOL COLORS

Not only is it lovely that shades of blue, violet and green make me think of cool, refreshing ocean water, they are especially useful in decorating a small bedroom because they tend to recede or feel as if they are pulling away from you which make the room seem bigger! Not a bad thing when decorating a dorm room or a small bedroom in an apartment.

It’s so hard to let go of airy colors like turquoise blue and teal green that bring lazy days at the beach to mind or colors that remind me of that visit to the farmers market where I got inspiration to decorate a master bedroom with colors that I pulled from the fruit and vegetables that I saw there.

But even though summer feels as if it’s dragging on and on and on and the heat outside is unbearable I have to grind the gears and shift my decorating focus from breezy and colorful to fall colors. Looking back on the last few month’s inspiration boards it’s easy to see that the season inspired the purchase of more than a few beach bedding sets with fabrics in cool colors that reflect the soft and breezy atmosphere of a cottage at the shore resplendent with cool shades of blue balanced by neutral colors and plenty of texture.

Looking at my notes detailing some teen girl bedroom decorating ideas with pictures, the blue and yellow color scheme of the comforter she chose makes me think of sitting on the porch of a beach cottage, sipping a cold glass of lemonade and enjoying the breezes blowing in from the ocean. If you have any imagination at all you should see why I’m being dragged into decorating for fall kicking and screaming!

Oh well, the first crisp breeze that blows my way will have me out shopping for teen girls bedding sets in earth tones and cool colors will be on my back burner until next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment