Saturday, August 21, 2010

HOW TO MAKE a BEDROOM LOOK BIGGER

I believe that I've posted some tips on how to make a bedroom look bigger or maybe I'm thinking of the time that I decorated a teen girl's bedroom that had NO natural light and the moment I came home and posted ideas for how to brighten a dark room.

Well, if you read my post that I made earlier today before I went out shopping you know that I was craving fall colors. Or at least I thought it was the colors of fall that were on my mind. After being blasted with wind in my face that felt like it was straight out of a blow dryer on HOT, it came to me that open spaces with a cool breeze might just be the ticket to paradise.

After I left the mall, a decorator friend of mine had asked me to drop by to see (read: admire or rave about) a bedroom that she had just finished. When I drove up to the small ranch style home at the address she had given me My thoughts were, "How impressive could this be? The bedroom has got to be very small." I was right that the room was at best 12 feet square and the bedding was a solid color which was not exciting but she had a thing or two to show me about how to make a bedroom look bigger.

She had covered an entire wall (at least above the top of the bed) with a fabulous photographic wall mural that made the wall seem as if it had opened up and that you could literally step into the grove of trees. And guess what! There were my fall colors and I could almost smell the crisp, clean air and feel the leaves under my feet. The teen girls bedding set was nothing outstanding and there were no unique bedroom decorating ideas that jumped out at but in this room nothing more was necessary.

If you want to know how to make a bedroom look bigger the quick and easy way, I highly recommend one of these wall murals because they certainly give the illusion of wide open spaces and effectively fool the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment