Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Decorating Project Gone Down the Tubes


GO HERE FOR MORE!



If anybody's wondering why I haven't posted any new teen decorating stuff in the past week, it's because first and foremost my mom has been sick and needed my help. But if she had to be sick, it couldn't have come at a better time.

I needed a break. You can tell when you need some time off when you jump into a project and NOTHING goes as planned. I was hanging a fabulously beautiful pair of multi-colored silk drapery panels on some hammered iron rods and rammed a hole in the girl's wall. Yep, poked a hole big as a fifty cent piece right through the drywall and was that child ever miffed!

She calmed down once I offered to pay for the damage, but not a lot. To change the subject I told her we could spend the day together on Saturday shopping at one of my favorite wholesale warehouses and gather some decorating ideas for the rest of the bedroom. Whew. I don't want to lose a friend over a piddly hole in the wall!

We are going to look for some fabric to upholster a headboard for the bed. The wooden base has already been cut in a WILD shape and I can't wait! I advise all mothers of teen girls to consider a padded headboard as part of the bedroom decorations! The advantages are that they screw securely to the studs in the wall and you can match the fabric to the bedding and curtains.

Here's an instructional video that will help you get started on this cool bedroom upholstery project. Forgive the sick music at the beginning of the video and keep watching because the guy gives some good ideas on cutting a pattern and what foam to use and all that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment