Tuesday, September 11, 2007

COOL DECORATING TECHNIQUE for the BEDROOM WALLS and MORE!


GO HERE FOR MORE!



Here's a cool and colorful teen bedroom decorating tip that dawned on me when I saw a big pile of neon colored flip-flops on the end of season closeout sale table at the local discount store. I was cruising down the aisle looking for some accessories for a lime green and orange bedding set and I had my radar set as such. When what do my wondering eyes appear but hot pink, orange, purple and lime green flip-flops for sale at deep discount prices.

When I say deep discount sale prices I mean DEEP discounts. My mind began to race and come up with cool teen bedroom decorating ideas for these cheap shoes in all the right colors.

What I came up with was some ideas to use big brightly colored flip-flops as wall decorations and I plan to try to use them to decorate a plain white ceiling fan. When I laid out the flip-flops I thought that they would lend themselves beautifully to a 60s theme bedroom. I can imagine them glued to the wall in a swirling vortex arrangement over the head of the bed or at some other part of the room where a focal point might be necessary. I could use the larger sizes in one color gradually decreasing the sizes the closer I got to the center of the spiral.

Another idea I came up with was to remove the plain white blades of the ceiling fan and hot glue a flip-flop on the side of the blade that faced the floor. One problem I might face with this particular decorative application would be if the additional weight upset the balance of the fan's operation. If the ceiling fan was not used regularly, there would be no problem whatsoever with gluing all the decorations for your particular theme onto the blades. Take care that you use a strong adhesive to glue the decorations to the blades. If the glue failed, your cute decorations could become flying missiles and that would not be cool at all!

I’m considering decorating the fan in a beach theme room that I’m working on for a friend’s teen daughter. I’m going to use seashells along with the flip-flops in the room as the fan is for decoration only. It doesn’t operate, so I can do all kinds of fancy embellishing along with painted pictures of crabs, fish or whatever.

If I have enough flip flops left over, I’m going to use them in a 60s theme room straight out of a Grateful Dead poster! Jerry Garcia himself would love this funky psychedelic decor that I’m designing! Stay tuned for pictures!

Return to Tween and Teenage Girls COOL DECORATING TECHNIQUE for the BEDROOM WALLS to pick up ideas that will work with your decorating project.

No comments:

Post a Comment