Thursday, September 18, 2008

SOPHISTICATED WALL PAINTING TECHNIQUE and DECORATING IDEAS

Nouveau Flower




Nouveau Flower

Wall Decal


Buy at AllPosters.com



I love cool and interesting wall painting techniques and sometimes I find them where they are least expected. While cruising around in search of some funky flower wall decals this gradiated red and black wall almost faded into the background. Don't ask me what made me look deeper into the picture past the leather armchair and the flower decals that weren't the wild colors that I was interested in at the moment, but I'm ever so glad that I did.

What fun it would be to try your hand at such a sophisticated, muted gradiation of colors. A wall that seems almost airbrushed by design projects such a peaceful atmosphere. I can picture a wall painting technique using a black glaze over a deep Chinese shade of red in a teenage girl's bedroom with a black comforter and a spray of cherry blossoms in silhouette or some Asian lettering decorating the bedroom walls as a focal point to the side of a conversation area, over a dresser or taking the place of framed artwork over the headboard of the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment