Thursday, September 25, 2008

COOL CLEARANCE BED IN A BAG SETS


GO HERE FOR MORE!




I have recently run into some prejudice against bed in a bag in a bag sets. So much prejudice in fact that I wanted to address some of the myths surrounding these fashionable, decorating resources which even at full retail price are often offered at less than half the cost of some comforter sets on clearance sale.


Flowers And Ladybugs



Quilted Flowers




I was recently decorating a daybed in a dorm room for a teenage girl whose mother had indicated to me that she wanted bedding set that was:


a. Constructed from fabric that would hide the inevitable stains that were bound to happen

and

b. Inexpensive because she didn’t want to invest a lot of money in a comforter set that would more than likely be replaced at the end of her teen’s first semester at college either due to her daughter’s desire for a complete bedroom makeover or the need to wash the comforter so many times that she felt the colors would be faded and in need of replacement.


I didn’t dig too deeply into her reasoning behind the need to avoid high end, expensive bedding and décor as we were working with a college dorm room and not a bedroom in her home even though I already had pictures in my mind of a tropical, beach theme bed in a bag comforter set that I knew her surfing fanatic daughter would adore. Besides, when one of my customers says that she wants to base her decorating ideas around bedding for teens that is bright, color but cheap immediately begin to take a mental inventory of cheap bed in a bag sets with comforters that tweens and teens will think are funky and cool.

After taking a few notes regarding her decorative preferences, I told her that I felt that we could get a clearance bed in a bag comforter set for less than $100. If we played our cards right and hit the sales just right we might even be looking at less than $50! It would be an understatement to say that her face fell when she heard that the best idea I had in my bag of decorating tricks was a lousy discount bed in a bag comforter set. She quickly related to me that it was her understanding that these sets were made of flimsy fabrics that were said to be washable when they actually would look so awful they had to be replaced after the first trip to the laundry.

Fast forwarding to spring break of last year; my customer was so impressed with the performance of her teen’s bed in a bag that had not only made it past Christmas vacation but was still cute as can be at the beginning of spring break that I realized that I outfoxed myself on this deal! Not only was the bedding stylish and durable, but so much so that my customer was not interested in my trendy, new teenage girl bedroom decorating ideas for spring and summer. With the end of summer clearance sales going on, I’m just about to make a phone call to see if that cheap, clearance bed in a bag set from last year needs to be replaced yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment