Tuesday, July 21, 2009

TAYLOR SWIFT BEDROOM DECORATING IDEAS


teenage girls lime green pink and purple polka dot bedding quilt set comforter


GO HERE FOR MORE!


I have had to dream up a few rockstar bedroom decorating ideas for teenage girls in my day, but Taylor Swift bedroom decorating projects are unprecedented, at least until today. Usually tween and teen girls' demands for rock and roll bedding are met with bed in a bag sets with their favorite band's pictures on the comforter, framed wall posters and maybe some wallpaper border if the band is popular enough to have expanded its product line to include home decorations. But when my alarm clock went off this morning I had no clue that I was about to take rock and roll bedrooms to a whole new level. And surprisingly the bedroom's style had nothing to do with guitars or anything musical. The story of my introduction to Taylor Swift bedroom decor follows.

This morning I got a phone call from a desperate mother who begged for a consultation because she needed me to suggest decorations for a dorm room for her daughter. She had planned to do the job herself but had to leave town on business so she called me. I hesitated because this was going to put me in a bit of a scheduling bind and as I mentioned earlier, when I run behind schedule for one reason or another people tend to get angry and forget that they begged me to squeeze them in.

The lady on the phone could hear my reluctance and assured me that decorating her teenage girl’s bedroom would be the easiest job I ever took because her decorating ideas were taken directly from the Taylor Swift bedroom in her video "You Belong With Me". She said that her daughter wanted an exact copy of the bedding, the window treatments and the paint color. I remembered seeing a picture of Taylor Swift’s bedroom a few years back that had a bohemian look to it and I do so love to decorate bedrooms in a bohemian style so I finally told this frantic mom that I would take the job.

So, I headed over to watch the video on Youtube to see what decorative items I would need to decorate a bedroom Taylor Swift style and I quickly saw that this bedroom would be anything BUT Boho! The bedroom’s walls are painted lime green, with purple curtains and the bed and furniture were white wood. I’m not sure where they got the patchwork quilt on the bed but it was made from a combination of fabrics in non-descript colors and layered over striped tone on tone cream colored sheets. I suppose that the character that Taylor Swift was playing in the video was plain and frumpy (in the beginning at least) so the set designer decorated the bedroom to follow suit.

I looked on Pottery Barn Teens to see if I could find the exact quilt with no luck. However, I did find two or more that would work so much better with the lime green and purple that I hope that my client and her daughter will approve. One is the Graphic Pop quilt that is even pictured with a green wall similar to the one behind Taylor Swift in the video and the other one that I might present as a possibility has a tropical print. If she’s a stickler for the EXACT quilt that very well may present a problem so if you know the brand of the quilt, please return to this post where I am pondering Teenage Girls Taylor Swift Bedroom Decorating Ideas and let me know where to find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment