Thursday, July 24, 2008

PALM TREE BEDDING and COMFORTERS


GO HERE FOR MORE!




As always tropical islands are all the rage.

Palm tree bedding

, decorations and accessories are always appropriate no matter how urban or landlocked your geographical location happens to be. Keep a little bit of your island vacation allowed long after the cruise is over and they returned to reality and everyday life are eminent.

A young lady once told me that the only reason she didn't want to consider what she called Palm tree decor was that she was no fan of an olive green color scheme. The idea of waking up each day with visions of coconut palms with lush green leaves just left her cold. While it was difficult for me to understand why anyone would object to what I consider a natural layout, especially if you love sand and surf as much as this teenage girl did, it presented a challenge to design a bedroom with a funky, fun Hawaiian island look that did away with as much green as possible.

Need I tell you that palm tree comforters that aren't decorated with green fronds are relatively hard to come by? After discarding one palm tree bed in a bag set after another, I hit pay dirt!
I had in my hands a set of palm tree print bedding in a vintage Hawaiian theme with all the colors of the sunset and wonder of all wonders; very little green. The leaves had dark, ivy green outlines, but the centers were filled in with rose red, azure blue and lilac. Every color that you would never expect to find in palm tree bedding was displayed on this comforter along with hula girls and a sprinkling of other motifs like tiki huts and volcanoes.

As I stood there amazed at my good fortune the thought hit me that I had the idea that my teenage girl had no sense of what was fashionable or stylish in saying that she wanted palm tree bedding in essence without the palm trees when in reality I was the person in the wrong. I not only failed to listen to my customer’s vision of what she wanted in the way of palm tree bedding, but neglected to open my mind to new possibilities that would allow me to explore a funky, new kind of palm tree comforter rather than the traditional styles that I had used so many times before in adult bedrooms.

I will post pictures of this funky, fun tropical teen palm tree clearance bed in a bag comforter set when it's completed so keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment