Monday, July 28, 2008

DECORATING IDEAS for a SIMPLE BLACK COMFORTER

BLACK BEDDING SHEETS COMFORTER SETS

GO HERE FOR MORE!



While looking for a sophisticated black comforter set for an apartment bedroom, I was just about to throw my hands up in defeat when I came up with the idea of taking an affordable black bed in a bag that included everything down to the black bed skirt and turning it into something fantastic using sheets!

Here’s the story of this black and white teen bedroom decorating debacle.

So far the college girl had been a hard sell on every design that I had presented to her. I thought that the bedroom decor was going to be a slam-dunk by the way that her eyes lit up when she saw pictures of a bedroom decorated with zebra print bedding and accessories until her friend who was looking at the photo album with her said that some preteen or tween kid she knew had a similar comforter set in her bedroom. After that untimely comment, bedding with zebra stripes was out.

With my deadline creeping closer with each passing day and the budget restrictions that I had to work with, I was under extreme pressure to come up with something inexpensive yet unique and cool enough to pass inspection. I began to feel like I was working for a cash strapped Paris Hilton when the plan for a perfect set of black and white teen bedding (with a solid black comforter as requested) fell into my lap.

The black bedding set that I had shown her previously was rejected because she didn’t want to fuss with a duvet. She said that even though a duvet cover was washable, it was too difficult to arrange on the bed in a neat and orderly way. Plus, she preferred fabric with a woven pattern or design. The customer is always right, so I agreed and went back to square one. Imagine how thrilled I was to locate a black bed in a bag set with a diamond pattern.

All that was left was to find a cheap set of crisp, white cotton sheets with a high thread count. I picked them up in an online bedding auction for a song and to make them look expensive and completely unique for this diva who demanded that her bed resemble none other; I had the head of the flat sheet monogrammed in a beautiful script.

I had the monogram on the white sheet sewed in black thread. I wondered how scrumptious it would have looked if she had selected pink sheets and a black comforter or bedding set. Think how incredibly stylish a set of hot pink satin (or cotton) sheets with a girl’s initials monogrammed in an elegant center medallion would be! It would be perfect for an upscale French or Parisian style of décor.

A solid black comforter and pink sheets might not be the ideal color scheme for this young lady but you can bet I filed this bedroom decorating idea away for future projects.

Return to Tween and Teenage Bedding and Bedroom Decorating Tips for Girls for help with your teen daughter's bedroom decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment