Wednesday, June 3, 2009

GROOVY PEACE SIGNS


cool groovy peace sign wooden beaded door curtain art


GO HERE FOR MORE!



Remember the days when groovy peace signs and bedding sets were the bedroom decor of choice preferred by flower children and unwashed hippies? My parents vaguely recall those days of protest and mistrust of anyone over thirty. I heard them discussing with some of their friends that they believed before last fall’s election that the tense political atmosphere almost seemed to be repeating itself but sadly they seemed to be overlooking the positive side of the 60s, namely the cool and colorful home decorations.

cool peace sign smiley face hearts shower curtain

As for me, I can only say that I noticed a large increase in requests for decorating with hippie peace signs, tie dye and psychedelic flowers. After one or two such projects, I began to realize the limitations of posters and started looking for alternative art forms that might dish up some prospects for groovy peace signs that were more interesting and that would do to use as decorations in a teenage girl’s bedroom to be more specific.

In my search, I found lots of cool peace signs in forms that you would never dream of. But I like LARGE graphics and displays so two of my favorites were a peace sign shower curtain that had the emblem centered between a heart and a smiley face and a beaded peace sign beaded curtain that could be used as everything from a wall hanging or a room divider to a closet door. Both designs were big, but in neutral colors that would not detract from the wild colors in your tie dyed peace sign comforter set.

Return to Tween and Teenage Girls Peace Sign Bedding and Bedroom Decorating Ideas to see more of the ways we plan to use retro peace signs in your home decorating projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment