Friday, November 30, 2007

DECORATING TIPS for a TEEN'S ASIAN BEDROOM


GO HERE FOR MORE!




I have seen instructions for decorative painting techniques recently that involved stenciling the fabric of chair cushions. What a unique way to give plain old solid color pillows a makeover! I went in search of stencil patterns that would make the do it yourself decorative painting so quick and easy that teens could manage the entire project from selecting some bad (read good) paint colors to making their own stencil designs. What I found initially didn't make me overly excited. There were some pretty designs, but most were too fancy or ornate for what I had in mind.

Then I came across the Asian stencils that would look so very cool with black and white bedding even if the entire bedroom is not decorated in an Asian theme. You could take tiny portions of the stencil and paint Asian figures practically anywhere in the room! I especially love the idea of a few symbols in white on black satin accent pillows or black and red on white silk fabrics. How sexy would that feel, I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment