Thursday, January 7, 2010

Medieval Bedding Sets

Ralph lauren medieval bedding set comforter galahad colorful damask red velvet guinevere

GO HERE TO SEE MORE!


I could hardly wait to share the reasons that shopping for medieval bedding sets got on my day planner with you! The day started out with only one mid-morning appointment for a teen girl in her senior year.

The girl's mom made it clear in her initial phone call that her daughter had eclectic tastes and hobbies. In retrospect this announcement probably should have waved a few flags but lots of parents think their teenage girls have odd taste so I just let the statement go in one ear and out the other.

I arrived right on time with a portfolio full of pictures of bedrooms that I have recently had a part in decorating. Spreading the most recent (and well received) designs on the table, it was clear from her expression that the young lady did not want a frilly, feminine bedroom. For that matter nothing she saw in the pictures seemed to suit her so I jumped in and asked her about her hobbies and if she had a particular style of decor or color scheme in mind.

This is where this bedroom decorating consultation became very interesting; I came to find out that this teen girl is interested in broadsword fighting and what she would like to see was pictures of girls' medieval bedrooms and medieval bedding sets.

You could have knocked me over with a feather! I'm all for giving a nod to a girl's personality but what exactly does a medieval bedding set look like? My mind drifted to knights (or in this case maidens) slaying dragons which given the elegant decor in the rest of the family home was not going to work. Then I remembered a bedroom that I decorated with a Ralph Lauren Galahad print medieval bedding set that had complementary patterns with a similar name that one might associate with Knights of the Round table, Guinevere plus one called Aragon and another named Red Velvet.

I had to go digging in my adult bedroom folder to find a picture of the bedding and lucky for me she went crazy for the idea. Thank God that Ralph Lauren chose that name for this gorgeous comforter set! Now, I have to find suitable decorations for the rest of the medieval bedroom that will appeal to this ferocious young girl's decorative taste!

Return to see which of the Teen Girls Medieval Bedding Sets my client wants. Let's see if she prefers the colorful damask like fabric or something right out of Dungeons and Dragons!

No comments:

Post a Comment